Disaster Resources Available to Veterans
National Resource Directory
- Search for local resources for Veterans, their families, caregivers, and survivors.
- FEMA helps with temporary housing, repair or replacement of existing homes.
American Red Cross
- The American Red Cross offers emergency financial assistance to the most impacted counties.
Please call 1-800-733-2767 to see if you qualify.
– An easy way to determine if your zip code has been declared a disaster and eligible for assistance.
The website also allows users to complete an online application and the ability to check FEMA application status.
Disaster Distress Helpline
- The Disaster Distress Helpline, 1-800-985-5990, is a 24/7, 365-day-a-year, national hotline
dedicated to providing immediate crisis counseling for people who are experiencing emotional distress related to any natural
or human-caused disaster. https://www.samhsa.gov/find-help/disaster-distress-helpline
Debt Relief NEW
If you are affected by a natural disaster, have a VBA benefit debt and need temporary financial relief, please contact VA's
Debt Management Center at 1-800-827-0648 to request assistance. If you have questions on Compensation or Pension benefits:
Call toll-free 1-800-827-1000 Monday - Friday 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. CST.
Free Help for Homeless Veterans NEW
Dial 1-877-4AID-VET (1-877-424-3838) for 24/7 access to VA services for homeless, displaced and at-risk Veterans
Homeless Veteran Chat Confidential, 24/7 online support for homeless Veterans and friends
https://www.va.gov/homeless/ for more information
To find a VA facility near you click
or call 877-WAR-VETS (927-8387).