Disaster Resources Available to Veterans
National Resource Directory
- Search for local resources for Veterans, their families, caregivers, and survivors.
- FEMA helps with temporary housing, repair or replacement of existing homes.
American Red Cross
- The American Red Cross offers emergency financial assistance to the most impacted counties.
Please call 1-800-733-2767 to see if you qualify.
– An easy way to determine if your zip code has been declared a disaster and eligible for assistance.
The website also allows users to complete an online application and the ability to check FEMA application status.
Disaster Distress Helpline
- The Disaster Distress Helpline, 1-800-985-5990, is a 24/7, 365-day-a-year, national hotline
dedicated to providing immediate crisis counseling for people who are experiencing emotional distress related to any natural
or human-caused disaster. https://www.samhsa.gov/find-help/disaster-distress-helpline
Urgent Care Now Easier To Access For Veterans
VA health care enrollees can now access urgent care from local in-network providers. Use the
Quick Start Guide for a
step-by-step process how to access urgent care. For more information,
click here to visit the VA Community Care website.
Free Help for Homeless Veterans
Dial 1-877-4AID-VET (1-877-424-3838) for 24/7 access to VA services for homeless, displaced and at-risk Veterans
Homeless Veteran Chat Confidential, 24/7 online support for homeless Veterans and friends
https://www.va.gov/homeless/ for more information
To find a VA facility near you click
https://www.va.gov/find-locations or call 877-WAR-VETS (927-8387).